Final Exams - January 19-22, 2021
1st Period Exam: 7:25-8:35am
2nd Period Exam: 8:40-9:50am
3rd Period Class: 9:55-11:05am
4th Period Class: 11:10-12:20pm
5th Period Exam: 7:25-8:35am
6th Period Exam: 8:40-9:50am
7th Period Class: 9:55-11:05am
8th Period Class: 11:10-12:20pm
1st Period Class: 7:25-8:35am
2nd Period Class: 8:40-9:50am
3rd Period Exam: 9:55-11:05am
4th Period Exam: 11:10-12:20pm
5th Period Class: 7:25-8:35am
6th Period Class: 8:40-9:50am
7th Period Exam: 9:55-11:05am
8th Period Exam: 11:10-12:20pm
Guidelines and Considerations
- Focus on concepts, not just content. The nature of the this testing environment makes testing content difficult - and tempts students to Google responses.
- Be common and consistent in each of your PLC or course teams.
- You can give a writing or other performance task in advance to aid grading, but you must provide some assessment on the test date and time.
- Original questions produce authentic work. Focus on original (read: non-searchable) questions per period.
- Be mindful that requirements such as cameras on, eyes on camera, camera on test, etc. are not preventative when it comes to dishonesty. Don't create a battle we cannot win.
- Consider a word bank from which students must use in their responses. Have them underline or highlight those to assist with grading.
- Avoid testing students in a manner you have not taught. For example, don't use a 5-paragraph essay if that has not been used as a measure before.
- The opposite is true: Use methods of which students are knowledgeable and comfortable. Test how you have taught.
- Projects and Portfolios can be very effective:
- Students create them in advance
- Students provide written feedback to peers on Exam day
- Give space and grace on the class days before an exam (for example, 3rd and 4th Tuesday). This is not a time for new material.
- We might be doing some type of course request entry during class periods after exams. Stay tuned...
A R C H I V E D R E S O U R C E S
ACCESS: What does studying smarter mean and how can students find good study aids and tools?
ADVOCACY: How can we best prepare students to make their own plan to be successful?
ACADEMICS: What are ways students can best make sense and make meaning of content?
RESOURCES TO SHARE WITH STUDENTS
No Phones in Class during Finals
Main Building Birkett Freshman Center
Wednesday Dec. 20 Wednesday, Dec. 20
1st Period Exam 7:25- 9:00 1st Period Exam 7:20 - 8:55
2nd Period Exam 9:10 - 10:45 2nd Period Exam 9:05 - 10:40
5th Period Exam 10:55 - 12:30 5th Period Exam 10:50 - 12:25
Thursday, Dec. 21 Thursday, Dec. 21
3rd Period Exam 7:25- 9:00 3rd Period Exam 7:20 - 8:55
8th Period Exam 9:10 - 10:45 8th Period Exam 9:05 - 10:40
6th Period Exam 10:55 - 12:30 6th Period Exam 10:50 - 12:25
Friday, Dec. 22 Friday, Dec. 22
4th Period Exam 7:25- 9:00 4th Period Exam 7:20 - 8:55
7th Period Exam 9:10 - 10:45 7th Period Exam 9:05 - 10:40
Buses Depart 10:55 Busses Depart 10:50
Make Up Exam 10:55 - 12:30 Make Up Exam 10:50 - 12:25
Using Chromebooks for your Exam?